I’ve taken a liking to pumpkin/squash last autumn, so this and the next post will deal with that, even though it doesn’t really fit the season at the moment.
First, the casserole.
For 3 servings you need:
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 onion
- 30 g butter
- 30 g (whole wheat) flour
- 250 mL cream
- 500 mL vegetable stock
- salt, pepper, nutmeg
- 200 g cheese (gouda or emmental)
- 1/2 bunch dill
- 200 g smoked salmon
- dice the squash into bite-sized pieces.
- Dice the onion and broil them until translucent in the butter. Scatter the flour of the mix and let it brown a bit.
- Add cream and veggie stock while stirring continiously. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg, and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Take 120 g of the cheese and add it to the sauce, as well as the cut up dill.
- In a dish, layer alternately sauce, salmon, squash, and so forth. Finish with a layer of sauce and cover it with the remaining cheese.
- Let it bake in the oven at 200 °C for 45 minutes.